Links, resources and suggested reading as you plan your campaign next steps.
Tools To Help You Plan
- The 2021-22 Municipal Elections Calendar | Produced by AMCTO, outlines key dates you need to know around nominations and filing of forms
- A Guide for Women Candidates from the Federation of Canadian Municipalities | Good all round guide: Minimum requirements, basic job description, campaign planning, fundraising, media relations and more
- A 101 and Guide on the 2022 Elections from the Association of Ontario Municipalities (AOM) | Information on the role of municipal government, an election calendar, a guide to running for council, the importance of diversity on council and other resources
- How do local governments work? | Outlines the difference between municipal, county and regional governments.
- Province of Ontario guide for municipal and school board elections | General information including, eligibility to run for elections, the nomination process, third party advertising, campaign finance and financial statements
- The City of Guelph is running events for candidates interested in running. You can learn more here
Site To Learn From
- The Jean Collective | A campaign school in Lambton-Kent with lots of great resources. Check out their video page to see the sessions they have been running throughout 2020!
- Diverse Voices
- Equal Voice
- Towards Parity in Municipal Politics, Federation of Canadian Municipalities (2018-2021)
- Elect Her: A Roadmap for Improving the Representation of Women in Canadian Politics
- Lagging Behind: An Examination of Why Women Continue to be Underrepresented in Federal Politics
- Changing the Way We Talk About Women in Politics
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown